Make Yourself at Home... Photography and Cookies


Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies...........

There just isn't anything else that says home more than that smell when you walk into the house. Just like a cozy fire on a cold winter night. Makes you think of Grandma's house in a Norman Rockwell painting with the kids running in shouting, "Oh boy, is that cookies, I smell?"

That doesn't mean that I am baking cookies at home every week. When Lars suggests that this would be a great night to bake cookies, I usually say, "Go for it!" That is when we find out just how badly he wants those cookies.

I used to try to evoke that homey feeling by burning scented candles in the studio. Then I found out that Otis Spunkmeyer will provide the oven and baking sheets when you order their dough and I was in heaven. Forget the scented candles! How much better is it to come into the studio to the smell of freshly baked cookies......and you get to eat them, too! They are really, really good cookies and sooooooo easy. They come frozen in little cookie sized blobs so we just take out however many cookies we want to bake at that moment and pop them in the little oven. Sometimes I only bake two cookies!

Do I have a stash at home, you may ask? No. That would be way too tempting. Lars will just need to bake his own cookies.

Comments