Toddlers- So full of life!


The fundamental job of a toddler is to rule the universe.
                                                                                                                           ~Lawrence Kutner

Parents are always in such a rush to encourage their children to start walking. What they don't realize is that walking is a very short  interlude between crawling and running 100 miles per hour from dawn to dusk. 

I love toddlers. But I am very grateful to have them in my care for a short interlude and hand them back to the parents that have had a rest while I have been staying one step ahead, cajoling, entertaining and running after their child in the portrait session. You do not tell a toddler what to do. You set up a situation that you think they will like and that will make for good images. Sometimes they will have nothing to do with my idea so I have to be prepared with plan B.......then plan C......and sometimes plan D. 
 
"My child won't sit still for long." says the mother when scheduling a portrait session. Sit still? Toddlers are perpetual motion machines. They will sit still (if you are lucky) for about 3.395 milliseconds. I have to be ready with the camera, the great lighting, and perfect composition when the magic happens. And it is always on their terms, not mine.



Comments