It Pays to Get up Early







June 14-16 was the annual Professional Photographers of Oregon Summer conference in Bend. It was a great time for learning and sharing with other photographers!

My passion is centered around photographing people, so I rarely photograph landscapes. This time I had an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. Friend and colleague, Adrian Kline, led a sunrise expedition to photograph Mt. Bachelor at Sparks Lake. It meant getting up at 3:30 in order to get to the lake by 5:00 am but it was totally worth it!

The predawn mist rising over the lake was just magical and turning the camera in the direction of a bunch of photography geeks was an opportunity not to be missed. :-)
Here is a word to the wise: 1) If you plan to get up at 3:30 am, it is best to get to bed before 1:30 am. 2) When hiking befoe dawn in the high Cascades in June, dress warm! I forgot to put in my hiking boots and only had sandals. After the first 10 miutes, my feet lost all feeling and I was fine.






Comments